Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day Sixteen.....


Nicky - you're doing great but don't aim for such big losses in one week! The only way you can make a loss like that is to severely restrict your calorie intake which will backfire! Your metabolism will slow down and your body will actually start hanging on to every calorie instead of burning them. See this post ! You want to be healthy for that wedding too (so you can enjoy the honeymoon) tee hee!


I wore my pedometer yesterday (didn't get it on until about 10:30 though) and logged 4,180 steps. That's a far cry form 10,000! But I absolutely did notice that I walked and moved a lot more than normal and was conscious of it all day. If I'd walked my 2 mile route I would've made a lot more progress! Austin woke up vomiting though (and luckily I didn't get called into work) so I was home all day inside with him. I did try to get on the Gazelle but he kept walking in front of it and I was afraid I was going to take him down! I know - lame excuses. I could've got back on it while he napped but I got involved with other stuff that needed to be done....


I'm curious to see what I walk today at school. (The pedometer makes a little noise with each step I take...my students are going to tease me for sure - high school kids....) Especially since the thing says AARP across the front. I'll try to hide it...


So where is everyone??? The pig nose is up for grabs. It's pink in case you want to color coordinate your dresses...


1 comment:

Nicky said...

I decided I am going to make healthy foods my pig out foods. Stuff like tater tots, or pasta. When I want to eat bad, I make just one serving of those and eat slow. I did it with tater tots this morning. I'm so full now and I only had 9 tots (1 serving).

Also I didnt' pack my fruit today, I went to bed late last night, and woke up late this morning. I noticed today it was harder to eat the fruits and veggies sine I hadn't had them all measure out and accesable. Just a tip for others struggling with eating the good stuff. Have it all ready to go!

THat's all for today, nicky.